Marketing Operations Goals and OKR Examples
Marketing operations teams are responsible for keeping the marketing engine running. They help build and support marketing reporting, ongoing nurture campaigns, lead scoring and routing, and more. Marketing operations goals should be tailored around email marketing and nurture, testing, procedures, and more.
What are good marketing operations goals?
As you set up your content marketing goals it’s great to build them around initiatives such as:
- Implementation of marketing platforms
- Landing page testing and optimization
- Creation of documentation and procedures
- Implementation of lead scoring
- Driving efficiencies and improvements towards revenue goals
Marketing Operations Goals Examples
Objective: Implement the best email marketing software for the business to engage more prospects
- Evaluate top 5 vendors in the space
- Hire implementation consultant by October 21st
- Complete campaign build and test by November 15th
- Deploy first email program by December 1st
Objective: Implement A/B testing for all landing pages and emails to increase trial sign ups
- Develop and test 3 new landing page and form templates
- Increase landing page conversion rate from 8% to 12% or higher
- Create A/B test variations for each email in all 6 nurture streams
- Increase average click-to-open rate to from 20% to 30%
Objective: Build a stronger marketing operations function in Q4
- Create formal procedure documentation for email protocol
- Integrate Marketo with Zoom, Scribble, Vidyard and bombora.
- Hire 2 additional marketing ops managers
- Reduce campaign turn-around time from 5 days to 2 days
Final Thoughts: Marketing Ops Goals and OKR Examples
Interested in seeing more marketing ops OKRs? Access our free customizable database of OKR Templates.